October 16, 1924 ~ July 19, 2013
Onno was pleasantly surprised that he lived to see 88. He passed peacefully at the Conrad Hospital - only having been a patient there one other time.
Onno wrote a few things about his life that he wanted us to pass along.
• Born in Conrad at 509 S. Main
• Graduated from Conrad High School in 1942
• Served Honorably in the 10th Mountain Division of the U.S. Army from 1942-45
• Married Joyce Madeline Gordon in 1948 and they had three sons - Onno, Ridge and Kurt
• Joyce and Onno had seven grandchildren - Siri Anna, Onno, Ashton, Josh, Jarrett, Durgen and Grady
• He was preceded in death by his wife Joyce in 2003, parents Onno and Anna, sisters Labbertha, Francis and Catherine.
• He had three dogs - Duke, Shed and Lolipop
• Onno worked with Troop 31 of the Boy Scouts for 20 years
• He ran the Conrad Body Works for 50 years
• He was on a first name basis with several Fish and Game wardens
• Onno had 1,000 friends and two that were not friends
A celebration of life for Onno and Joyce will be held when the weather cools off.